The Rainbow Quilt Competition
DATE CHANGE – please note the dates of the competition have changed!!
This year I have started a rainbow journey. Rainbows make me feel good… fabric makes me feel good.. so rainbow fabric makes me feel GREAT. With this in mind I created a Facebook group. The group was originally called Rainbow Charm Swaps but as the group has gown I have renamed the group Rainbow Charm & More Swaps.. http://www.facebook.com/groups/149803875155388/ it doesn’t really catch the whole purpose of the group.. and in time I how the name will reflect the content of the group.. but I digress.
From one little charm swap – the group has blown out. This wee I sent out the 4th rainbow charm swap… so in total sorted thus far comes to 5760 charms!! and 96 members.. not bad when you consider the group has been going for less than 2 months!!
So… from little things big things grow.. and that is true of those little rainbow charms.
I propose to run a competition – The Rainbow Quilt Competition.
So how will it work…
- Each person may enter ONE quilt.
- The theme for the competition is RAINBOWS – how you interpret that is up to you!
- Each quilt must be a minimum of 50inches x 50inches
- Quilts either must be of your OWN design or give credit to the DESIGNER (if the designer has copy right – you must comply with appropriate approvals to use the design in this competition by admitting your entry it is assumed that you have this approval – no responsibility for breach will be taken by the organizers of the competition.)
- The competition closes Sunday 31st MARCH 2013 –
I know this is a while away but Christmas is in the middle and this will give crafters time to think about, design, gather and create!!
- Voting will commence on Monday 1st April 2013
- Voting will remain open until Wednesday 17th April – As an extra awesome pre-Christmas gift the winners will be announced on Friday 19th April 2013 and prizes posted on Monday 22nd April 2013!
- There will be a Flickr group dedicated to this competition. You must upload a maximum of 2 images of your quilt to the Flickr group for people to look at and then vote on the quilts they like. http://www.flickr.com/groups/rainbowquiltcomp/
Details of voting will be uploaded on the closing date for submission.
- Quilts will be judged by the general public with the winner being the quilt with the most votes.
- Prizes will be rainbow and fabric in nature – details will be loaded as they become available.
- Further details will be uploaded as they become available.